We know that you have skills, and the desire to learn new things. We know that you want to enjoy life, and have fun.
We know that you want a choice.
There are no visiting hours at Doutta Galla – family and friends can visit you as at home. You can come and go as you please, pursue your interests, and continue your own activities.
You may also like to participate in our Lifestyle program.
Our program is designed to strengthen relationships and encourage you to live life to the fullest. Our Lifestyle Coordinators are qualified professionals, who work to your individual physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and cultural needs. Your carers, families and friends can also join in.
Read how the Lifestyle program at Doutta Galla Yarraville gave resident Les Leddin a spring in his step.
We offer activities every day. Our Lifestyle programs include:
- iPad Connect: A brand new program will make iPads available in every facility, helping you stay connected to family and friends, to news, information and entertainment.
- Men’s Shed (Avondale Heights): For those who like to build, sand, saw, paint and potter. This weekly session builds skills and forges friendships.
- Pop-Up Café (Queen’s Park): At the Paris end of Moonee Ponds, you’ll find this busy pop-up café serving coffee and cake to residents and visitors.
- Sensory Garden (Avondale Heights and Yarraville ): These flowering and fragrant gardens are places to gather and reflect, and to work in together.
You’ll also find:
- Visits from local schoolchildren
- Exercise classes
- Art and Craft
- Festive days
- In-house movies
- Pet Therapy
- Visits from local service groups
- Massage Therapy
- Visits from volunteers
- Religious services
- Armchair travel
Residents with dementia participate in a specialised Lifestyle program, expertly designed to give social and emotional support.
Live well with Doutta Galla.
Contact us to arrange a tour of a residence. To find a vacancy, Contact us.