1 January 2021
Dear Residents, Families and Friends,
Re: Visitor Restrictions: Updated Australian Government Department of Health
Further to my letter last night, the Australian Department of Health has updated its advice for all Residential Aged Care Facilities within Victoria.
Doutta Galla is required to introduce these additional visitor restrictions will now be in place:
- Access to 1 visitor at any time, once per day for a maximum of 1 hour.
- Essential care persons: 1 visitor, no time limits apply
- Essential behaviour assistance person: no time limits apply
- Interpreters or informal language support: no time limits apply
- Visitor is being assisted to handover care for discharge: maximum of 2 hours
- Visitor is viewing facility as a potential site to live in: maximum of 2 hours
- End of live: 2 visitors, no time limit
Further information is available on the Australian Government Department of Health and Victorian Depart of Health and Human Service websites.
As the situation continues to evolve, we will make the necessary changes. This need to respond speedily may cause some inconvenience for which I apologise. Our priority remains the safety of our residents and staff.
As you are aware, communications from Doutta Galla is sent directly to the resident and to the nominated resident representative. If there are additional people in your family who would like to receive communications directly, can you please let the Home know their details and we can add them to the email list for you. As a reminder, all of my general communications, including previous letters from me, are available on the Doutta Galla website at https://www.dgas.org.au/coronavirus-updates/ and can be accessed at any time.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this unfolding situation over this New Year holiday period, and again best wishes for 2021.