Dear Residents, Families and Friends,
It is with much relief that I can advise you, that late this afternoon we have received the “stand-down to enhanced surveillance” of the outbreak COVID-19 at Doutta Galla Footscray. This is effective from today Monday 1 November 2021.
The next 14 days is a time of continued surveillance of the residents’ health and wellbeing. Staff will continue wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Social distancing, hand hygiene, and normal infection control cleaning regimes will also continue.
The requirements of the surveillance are in place for the next 14 days after which time the outbreak will automatically be considered closed and the Home will return to COVID-19 safe practices.
What this means now:
- Residents are no longer required to isolate in their rooms and may use the common areas in the Home
- Residents may attend off-site appointments where necessary in accordance with the policy of the Home
- New fully vaccinated residents may be admitted. There are no additional requirements on admission other than routine symptom screening
- Internal staff may return to work where they have undertaken all testing as recommended by the DHHS and Western Public Health Unit, and the results of these tests are negative
- Visiting health practitioners (such as general practitioners and allied health) may attend the Home as required
- Cleaning will return to the normal infection control processes
Each resident will be advised if there is a change to their health status as will their designated family member.
We know that many families will want to visit as soon as possible and we are taking reasonable and measured steps to safely open our Home. In the coming days the Home will be in contact with families to advise of opportunities for visitations.
All Doutta Galla staff are looking forward to having our families back. Please call us on 9687 6744 if you have an enquiry or concern. The email address for written questions or concerns is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more support and advice during this time, please reach out to OPAN (Older Persons Advisory Network) on 1800 237 981 or Elder Rights Advocacy Victoria on 1800 171 866. They are available 6am-10pm, 7 days a week.
Thank you once again for your support, patience and understanding during this challenging time.
General Manager – Extended Care Services