17 February 2021
Dear Residents, Families and Friends,
Easing of Victorian Stage Four Restrictions
Thank you for your support and patience during the most recent COVID -19 lockdown. We are grateful to all of you for adhering to the Government requirements as we understand how difficult it is not to see your loved ones.
As most of you will have heard, the Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced this morning that following the five-day lockdown, the easing of many restrictions will occur as of midnight tonight. Some restrictions, however, remain in place until Friday 26 February 2021.
What this means for Doutta Galla Residents and families from midnight tonight is the following:
- A resident can have one visit from members of a single household per day. We ask where possible that the visits are made between 9am and 5pm each day when there are more staff available to provide assistance and to answer any questions
- Visitors are required to read and sign the health declaration form at the front reception as per current protocols for all visitors
- You are asked to please stay within the resident’s room during the visit or use the outdoor areas such as the courtyard
- During the visit you are required to maintain social distancing requirements regardless of where you meet and to wear a face mask
- Residents may go on social outings or attend medical appointments. In line with Government Directions for the general community, you will be required to wear a mask. Please speak with the Manager or Nurse in Charge to arrange or discuss any appointments or social leave
- Hairdressers and allied health practitioners will be permitted to attend the Home
- A review of the attendance of external entertainment providers will occur next week as we hear more.
We are in the process of receiving information about the roll-out plan for the COVID-19 vaccination program for Residential Aged Care. The Government and the Primary Health Networks will be managing the logistics of the vaccines in Victoria.
We understand that residents and aged care staff will be in the first phase of the roll-out. At this time, we do not have vaccination dates or times and will advise you once we have further information. The link below provides more information about the vaccination roll out program.
The Older Persons Advisory Network (OPAN) has valuable resources on their website www.opan.com.au or you can call them on 1800 237 981, 6am-10pm (AEDT), 7 days a week, to talk about any COVID-19 concerns.
These ongoing communications from me are usually only sent to the resident and the nominated resident representative or family members who have been asked to be put on the mailing list. Can you please pass on this message to others in your family or anyone who was planning to visit over the weekend who may not receive these letters directly from me. All of my general communications, including previous letters from me, are available on the Doutta Galla website at https://www.dgas.org.au/coronavirus-updates/ and can be accessed at any time.
If you have any further questions, please contact your Home Manager who will be able to provide information to you.