19 October 2021
Dear Residents and Families and Friends
Thank you for your support and patience as we continue to work through the evolving situation at our Footscray Home.
Following Sunday’s round of COVID-19 testing for residents and staff at our Footscray Home, I am letting you know that regrettably we have had two staff and two residents return a positive test result. These people were symptom free. All other tests returned a negative result and at the time of writing this letter all staff and residents remain symptom free including those who returned a positive result.
Our priority is providing ongoing comfort, care and support of our residents.
As you know we have already activated our outbreak management plan which includes:
- twice daily COVID-19 screening for residents
- heightened infection control measures
- provision of additional staff
- full use of PPE by staff
- residents encouraged to remain in their rooms where they will receive their personal care, services and meals
- deep cleaning and continuous touch point cleaning, and
- engagement with the Commonwealth Department of Health and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and other relevant authorities
We anticipate another round of testing on Thursday 21 October and will advise the outcome once we have the results.
We will continue to closely monitor the wellbeing of our residents and we will inform you of any major changes as this situation unfolds.
If you have an enquiry or concern about your family member or loved one, to make contact with them via video call or to set up a window visit, please call Footscray on 9687 6744. In addition, you are welcome to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more support and advice during this time, please reach out to OPAN (Older Persons Advisory Network) on 1800 237 981 or Elder Rights Advocacy Victoria on 1800 171 866. They are available 6am-10pm, 7 days a week.
We will continue to keep in touch on a regular basis and thank you for your support during this challenging time.