Lynch’s Bridge Bulletin 22 October 2021
As you know Doutta Galla provides regular communications to residents, families and friends when changes occur at the Home. This has been more so as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and during an outbreak.
Feedback from families about our communication frequency has been mixed. Some families prefer daily updates regardless of whether there have been any substantial changes, others only want updates if there is a major change, and others prefer personal contact from a staff member at the Home only if there is a change to the health status of their family member.
To accommodate the different communication preferences, we are going to introduce short, daily bulletin for the duration of the current outbreak, some of which may report no change and others that will provide more detail as it becomes available. The format of our communications may seem less formal than you are used to receiving, however it will still contain relevant information that will be easier and quicker to access. Of course, if there is a change to you or your family member’s health status, we will contact you personally.
We will start our change in communication style from today in anticipation that this will meet most peoples’ immediate needs and we can review as we go. The bulletin is likely to be available in the latter part of the day, or if there is a major change, and will be sent to the primary contact and/or other key contacts as requested by the resident. The updates will also be available on the Doutta Galla website. We welcome any feedback to this format.
- To date we have 3 residents and 2 staff who have tested positive and remain comfortable
- To date there are no additional residents or staff that have tested positive in the last round of testing (Monday 18th October)
- All other staff and residents are asymptomatic
- COVID-19 testing occurred yesterday, Thursday 21st October and results have not yet been received. Hopefully we will receive in time for a bulletin tomorrow
- There is another round of testing on Saturday 23rd October
- Additional staff have been employed including staff to answer telephone calls over the weekend
- An IPC Specialist Nurse is on site
- New Care Directions (No.47) have been released. Disappointingly there are no substantial changes to visitation restrictions.
Please contact the Home on 03 9376 2111 if you have any questions or concerns. In addition, you are welcome to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support during this challenging time.