- Closing Date
- Position number
Executive and Business Support Officer
Doutta Galla Aged Services is a not-for-profit charitable organisation dedicated to the provision of high quality and responsive residential care services in seven locations across Western Metropolitan Melbourne and one location in regional Victoria.
We currently have a vacancy for a full time Executive and Business Support Officer at our Corporate Support Office. Reporting to the Manager Strategy, Communications and Business Development, the position is full time (Monday to Friday) and is responsible for ensuring outstanding administrative assistance to the CEO, and members of the Board and Executive Team. The position requires considerable discretion, trust, independent judgement, exceptional interpersonal, communication and management skills with flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required. Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office packages is a mandatory requirement of the role.
- Provide exceptional support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and members of the Executive team including the collation, preparation, document control and management of research papers, reports, policy documents, spread sheets, formal correspondence, databases and proposals, as required.
- Proactively manage emails, diary appointments and meetings, screen telephone calls, handle enquiries, requests and messages on behalf of the CEO, Executive and Board, as required.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer and Executive team in project based work, as required.
- Work closely beside the Customer Service Officer to complete tasks to support the executive team, where required.
- Oversee, manage and maintain all archiving and records management systems, processes and procedures of CSO files.
- Oversee, manage and maintain archiving and records management systems for executive files.
- Oversee the adherence of statutory reporting deadlines in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Assist the Manager of Strategy, Communications and Business Development to analyse data, identify developing trends and present data, as required.
- Support the ongoing development and maintenance of the organisation’s Risk Management policies, procedures and framework.
- Coordinate all aspects of the organisation’s Annual General Meeting and assist with the preparation and delivery of the Annual Report.
- Ensure all administrative requirements are met including word processing, photocopying, filing requirements for the CEO and Executive team with high standards to attention to detail.
- Under direction of the Executive team, undertake management of the Key Personnel and Medicare Signatories database, ensuring staff movements in key positions are updated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage and maintain appropriate records of all complaints lodged with relevant external bodies including (but not limited to) Department of Health & Ageing and the organisation’s Whistle-blower service provider.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records relating to Agency reports and facility Accreditations
- Undertake any other reasonable duties or projects as required by the Chief Executive Officer or a person nominated by the CEO.
Key Selection Criteria
- Formal Qualifications in Administration, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a Governance or senior Executive Support role with exposure to governance processes at Board level.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Office programs – including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- High level written, presentation and verbal communication skills including demonstrated ability to liaise with residents, families, clinical staff, suppliers, contractors and/or consultants
- Strong planning, time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise accordingly.
- Strong analytical, issue resolution and problem solving ability.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills to ensure the achievement of quality outcomes and excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines.
- A strong commitment to excellence and quality in the provision of aged care related services with a sound working knowledge of quality and continuous improvement principles.
- Current unrestricted full Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Eligibility to work in Aged Care in accordance with legislative requirements.
Desired but not essential:
- Previous experience in Aged Care in a same or similar role
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Act, Accreditation Standards and Accountability Principles
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be eligible to work in Aged Care under the Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth).