Excellent career development opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a passion for working in the Aged Care Sector.
- Supportive and Professional Team Environment
- Attractive Remuneration, Salary Packaging and Benefits
- Genuine Career Opportunity
Doutta Galla Aged Services is a not-for-profit charitable organisation dedicated to the provision of high quality and responsive residential care services in seven locations across Western Metropolitan Melbourne and one location in regional Victoria.
We currently have a vacancy for a Resident Services Manager located at our Grantham Green facility in St Albans. The position is full time, 38 hours, Monday to Friday and may require the incumbent to be on call or undertake duties outside of normal business hours in order to meet operational requirements.
Reporting to the Operations Business Manager, the Resident Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations, strategic direction and staff performance at the facility.
The position will be responsible for:
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of all services and programs in response to resident needs and resident first principles; ensuring best practice.
- Manage budgets and the financial strategy to ensure that the facility achieves financial targets and benchmarks.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic, operational and resources plans and facility budget.
- Collaborate with leadership team to develop, implement and maintain a resident care model.
- Promptly manage complaints and incidents.
- Collaborate with senior staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of systems of continuous improvement to ensure that the facility meets standards of service, certification and accreditation.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement is created by fostering a learning environment and facilitating external accreditation processes.
- Facilitate a culture of performance improvement and evaluation.
- Ensure existence of well documented quality improvement plans and processes at the facility.
- Ensure ongoing full accreditation at the site with the Aged Care Standards Agency.
- Supervise all aspects of ancillary services provided at the site including, but not limited to cleaning and laundry services.
- Undertake regular reviews to ensure business performance targets are met, including an appropriate skills mix / workforce profile to meet the facility needs.
- Actively participate in activities to ensure service collaboration and integration within the DGAS organisation and our external partners.
- Ensure the facility operations are in line with the values, vision, policies and procedures of Doutta Galla, the Residents Charter of Rights and Responsibilities, the Doutta Galla Employee Code of Conduct & Practice and the National Privacy Principles and Health Privacy Principles.
Key Selection Criteria:
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Business management degree qualifications or health / aged care related discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- A strong commitment to excellence and quality in the provision of aged care related services with a sound working knowledge of quality principles and accfareditation.
- Highly developed leadership skills and the ability to act as a positive role model for staff
- Strong planning, time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise accordingly.
- High level interpersonal, written, presentation and negotiation skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with Clinical staff, Facility Managers, Allied Health Professionals and Government Representatives.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills to ensure the achievement of quality outcomes
- Well developed communication, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Eligibility to work in Aged Care in accordance with legislative requirements.
Desired but not essential:
- 2-5 years’ experience in Aged Care, preferably in residential and / or community setting in a relevant supervisory or management level position.
- An understanding of ACFI instrument and DoHA ACFI business rules in a residential aged care facility.
- Current professional association membership.
Key leadership capabilities required to undertake the position:
- Customer Focus.
- Facilitating Change & Innovation.
- Decision Making.
- Delegating Responsibility.
- Specialist Expertise & Technical Knowledge.
- People Management & Development.
- Personal Leadership.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and eligible to work in Aged Care under the Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth).
Click Here for a full description of the role.