Avondale Heights 28 January 2022 Bulletin Update
- A round of PCR testing for residents has been scheduled for tomorrow. This is in addition to the RAT testing that has been taking place over the week. We hope that the PCR testing results will provide additional reassurances as to the impact of the virus on the Home.
- All residents continue to remain well and comfortable.
- All those residents who have recovered have been safely returned to their original rooms and able to move freely around their allocated area.
- Some residents have temporarily moved room zones specifically allocate for COVID-19 positive staff. Specific staff have been allocated to these areas.
- Additional deep cleaning, including the kitchen will occur, and “high touch” point cleaning is taking place.
- Our IPC leads, and additional IPC champions have been allocated to the home to support and review the donning / doffing of full PPE by staff.
- Additional air purifiers have been sourced and have already been deployed throughout the Home.
- An Infection Prevention Officer from the Western Public Health Unit undertook a review of the Home last week and found that overall, the Infection Prevention and Control processes in place met required standards.
- If there is a change to you or your family member’s health status, we will contact you personally.
We share the frustration expressed by families as to the duration of this outbreak. We are doing everything we can within the directives and requirements of the Western Public Health Unit, to bring this situation to a close as soon as we can.
Please contact the Home on 03 9325 0000 if you have any questions or concerns.
In addition, you are welcome to contact us via email@example.com
Thank you for your support and understanding during this challenging time.