Aged Care Homes
Doutta Galla Aged Services offer permanent and respite residential care in eight fully accredited residences, serving Melbourne’s West and regional Victoria since 1991. We are committed to supporting you to live the best life you can. Our care approach focuses on providing the best clinical care, a stimulating and engaging environment and a variety of programs and activities that are designed to promote social connection, health and wellbeing.
However you say it, you’re ‘welcome’ at Doutta Galla.
Our team works with you every day to support your health and happiness. We help you stay closely connected to your community, family and friends so that you continue to participate, contribute and enjoy activities as you have throughout your life.
Our services include:
- Personalised care and support – dedicated and highly trained staff on duty 24-hours a day to provide respectful care and support to maintain your dignity at all times.
- Individualised care plan – developed in partnership with you, your family and your clinical team to ensure that you have the choice and control to live the best life possible.
- Specialised nursing care – compassionate and skilled nurses who are experienced in providing nursing care to people who are ageing, living with dementia or who require palliative care and support.
- Respite care – for families who need a break and for people needing short term care for any reason.
- Chefs on site – to prepare nutritious meals using seasonal ingredients that offer you variety and choice. Meals are made to meet your dietary and medical needs and your personal and cultural preferences.
- Activities and social connection – designed to honour your past and present life and to support you to participate and enjoy social, physical, religious or spiritual activities.
- Modern, clean and welcoming environment – to enable you to live safely, comfortably and where visitors and friends feel welcome.
Doutta Galla’s Lifestyle Program
Our Lifestyle Program offers engaging and interesting activities that meet your individual needs and personal preferences. The program is designed to help you nurture your existing interests and skills as well as develop new ones.
Our Lifestyle Coordinators are qualified professionals who will partner with you to ensure your individual physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and cultural needs are being met. Your carers, family and friends are welcome in the activities program.
Our wide range of activities include:
- Festive and cultural celebrations
- Organised social outings
- Organised intergenerational programs
- Group exercise programs
- Art and craft classes
- In-house movies
- Visiting pets and farm animals
- Religious services
- Music and singing
- Armchair travel
- Men’s shed activities
The program also includes the following activities available at some of the residences:
In-home Care - Doutta Galla West Domestic Intensive
Doutta Galla offers domestic help as part of our in-home care service. We call this the Doutta Galla West Domestic Intensive – we do the hard scrubbing to keep your home clean so that all you need to do is maintain it.